Monday, April 18, 2011

Simple Lunch Salad

A few weeks ago, I came home to walk the dogs during lunch and found myself without much to eat in the house. I could have picked up a sandwich from Subway or another quick restaurant on the way back and forth to my office, but I accepted the challenge to have a quick lunch at home with some enthusiasm. Opening the refrigerator, I found a big bag of baby carrots and a tiny sack of whole radishes. Tomatoes are not in season yet, but I tend to keep a carton of cherry tomatoes on the counter year-round. Here's what I came up with...
Fresh Early Spring Salad
Serves 1
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: None
  • 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 10 baby carrots, julienned (cut into matchsticks)
  • 4 radishes, julienned (cut into matchsticks)
  • 1/4 cup excellent quality extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp white wine vinegar or lemon juice
  • salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the ingredients as described and toss together. Enjoy on its own or as a prelude to a sandwich of leftovers from your dinner party the night before! 

No comments:

Post a Comment